Sunday, March 6, 2011

Zombified


In January I met a group of fun loving film enthusiasts while playing an extra in a vampire movie. A few days ago, some of them were looking for zombie extras. I immediately signed up for it. Yesterday I picked up 3 other cast members at MacArthur BART station at 9 AM, and we headed over to the meet up location in South San Francisco. It only took us less than 20 minutes to get there, and we were supposed to get at 10 am! The day started slow as we waited for everyone else to arrive.


Things got really lively after the makeup artists and food arrived. We couldn't stop laughing and joking as soon as zombification started. We all became fast friends and took tons of photos. How often do you get to play a zombie complete with latex makeup and fake blood?

We shot a few scenes inside and then we headed over to a park for some outdoor scenes. People were giving us funny looks, but hey, this is San Francisco, and nothing is too weird.


We finished up around 5 PM. By then, we couldn't wait to remove the dried up latex and blood off our faces. It felt so great just to wash my face again. We got on the road and were stuck in traffic for 30 minutes. This is San Francisco after all. We love it and just have to put up with the traffic. I dropped off my new friends at MacArthur BART Station but in a couple hours we were all reconnecting via Facebook and sharing our photos from the shoot.

As I was reminiscing yesterday, the director for the vampire movie I participated just released its trailer, and I am in it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment