Saturday, January 15, 2011

Staying Up Late and Getting Up Early

I woke up at 7:40 this morning. Normally I'd just roll around and fall back to sleep. Not today. I can't be wasting time sleeping. I can do that when life is over. I jumped up and headed over to the auto shop down the street. I tried to get there round 8 to beat the crowd. There was just one woman in front of me when I got there.

Emily at the counter knows me by now since I have most of maintenance  done there. I asked her how long she's been working there. Almost five years. She has to get up early every work day in order to get there by 8 am! She said that she feels like she's been working there since birth and people around the neighborhood recognize her now. She often has people greeting her when she's out and about.

Rialto Theatre is just across the street. The woman before me who was waiting on her car started saying that she's interested in seeing True Grit, which is a remake of a John Wayne movie. However, it is more true to the book, which she has read. I told her that I saw True Grit at Rialto two weeks ago, and it's excellent. I have never seen John Wayne's version or read the book, but the girl in True Grit amazed me. The story moved me deeply, and it also contributed to my decision on living one year.


The girl's performance was phenomenal. She portrays a 14-year old girl in the movie. I thought perhaps she was older in real age and was surprised that she really is 14. The story itself reminds me how fast time flies. I remember my days as a 14-year old quite well.

I shall log off now as my brother and sister in-law will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment