Friday, January 14, 2011

One Year to Live

What would you do if you have one year to live? Would you spend that year sitting in a cubicle and stare at the computer monitor? I sure hope not. I am not dying yet, but I want to spend a year living as if I am out of time. Actually I really feel that way quite often. It freaks me out thinking about all the dreams I had when I was a child and when I was a teenager. Maybe it's mid-life crisis. Maybe I came to a realization that I don't need much money to live. I just know that I want to be free for a while to do some of the things I always wanted to do. I do not want to live until 60 years old and be stuck to some mundane job.

I already turned in my two-week notice.  After that, first thing I did was enrolling in animation classes. Become a graphic novelist was the first thing I ever wanted to do as a child. Sitting in the cubicles for years has demolished much of the creativity I had when I was younger. I wonder how much of it can be regained.

Second, I started looking at craiglist for creative gigs and applied to be an extra in a vampire film. If I could be anything, I'd be a vampire - not because I wanted to suck someone's blood so badly. I wanted to have the legendary super power vampires have and be immortal without aging. I would patrol the city at night and get rid of murderers, serial killers, and child molesters and maybe some crooked politicians and corporate executives. Since I can't imagine I'll become a vampire anytime soon, I guess playing one in a film will have to do for now.

Third, I am finally going to use Facebook. I have a profile for many years, but I wasn't interested in doing much on it. I created the profile just to see how it works and what the fuzz was about. Now I am going to network and reach out to as many people as I can since it's my "last year."

Forth, I am making this blog public right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment